CIMA San José Hospital already has permission from the “Ministerio de Salud” to carry out the detection analysis for the COVID-19. The analysis is performed by using the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technique, which is the only technology approved for this purpose in the country for the diagnosis of acute cases. We have the latest technology reagents and equipment, as well as trained personnel to guarantee high quality results. We offer the results in 24 hours after taking the sample.
To carry out this analysis, we must follow the guidelines of the “Ministerio de Salud” in order to use of these tests. Having said that, you must have symptoms of COVID-19 or other situations that qualify it as a suspicious case, such as close contact with a person diagnosed as positive for COVID-19.
If you believe that the laboratory test for COVID 19 should be performed, follow these guidelines:
- Contact your doctor for a medical evaluation. If you don’t have a GP, you can access to the Emergency Services of our hospital, where one of our doctors can attend you for $240 + IVA.
- If your case qualifies as a suspect, your doctor or the Emergency doctor must fill out the VE01 epidemiological surveillance report from the “Ministerio de Salud” with all your information.
- Once the request is completed, the staff of the Clinical Laboratory or Respiratory Therapy will proceed to collect your sample, which comes from your airways (nasopharyngeal swab, bronchial aspirate). The sampling will be carried out in the area designated by the Hospital for this purpose.
- We will send you the report with your result in the next 24 hours.
- If your result is positive, the Hospital will fill up the documentation required and will send the sample to the INCIENSA national reference laboratory for the confirmation of a positive case.
Please, feel free to call our Contact Center to answer all your questions regarding COVID-19 and Laboratory tests related to this disease.